Sunday, March 16, 2008

Looking Forward

Some things happened this weekend. There was eating, riding, sleeping, bike maintenance, car maintenance, laundry, and Futurama, but that's not what's on my mind right now.

I've been thinking about the future a lot the last couple of weeks. Some things have come to light recently with regards to Michele's potential earnings, and even though she doesn't like me talking about it, I'm thinking more and more about doing my own thing 27 months from now. I'm not exactly sure what that thing is going to be, but I'd really like to stop working for others. Now don't get the wrong idea, I really enjoy the job I have right now, good company, good people, good clients. Also, it's important to note that I'm not talking about retirement at 33 either(as much as I like to joke about it). The problem is that I'm still working for the man and that doesn't allow for the kind of flexibility that I want in my life. What I do depends on where we end up of course, but this is where my mind is currently at. It's also worth mentioning that Tim and Lucy are building on Anderson Island in the summer of 2010 and since I'm one of the few people that can handle Tim in construction setting, they really want me to build the house. If we're living in the South Sound I'll do it for sure, otherwise we'll just have to take things as they come.

I really want to take a vacation, and that's really what brings this whole rant about. I haven't had a full week of vacation(that didn't center around moving or Michele's education) in nearly four years. As those in the know will tell you, the S & M Crested Butte vacation of '04 was a complete and total disaster. We've only taken a few solid vacations in the eleven years we've been together and it's about time we started making things right. Mark my words, this summer, it's on.

No comments: