Monday, December 15, 2008

Back in the 'nix

Well, it's been a good trip. Saturday, on the way to the house we stopped and picked up Tim's Niner so that I'd have something to ride. Tim has a thing for nice bikes and he keeps them in good shape, so when we got there and the bike looked as if it just came off the floor at Rage I felt a little ping of hesitation but that didn't last long. After just a couple of small adjustments back at the house I had the bike nearly perfect.

Sunday morning we loaded up and headed North to the Little Pan loop on the Black Canyon Trail. I first rode this trail about two years ago with a group from MTBR and it was still fairly fresh and soft in a number of places. Since then it's bedded in quite well and become quite the place to ride. Tim's Niner was absolutely fantastic, I couldn't have asked for a better bike. It was just a hair twitchier than the El Mariachi, but very predictable. The bike plus the bad ass trail helps to remind me what it is about Arizona that I miss so much. The abundance of amazing mountain biking is all anyone could ask for. Of course, I also have had to deal with mild allergy problems, just like when we lived here, but that I can handle.

The real purpose of my visit was to help my mom pick out some materials for the house and drop some knowledge for how the remodel ought to go down and I think that went pretty well. Of course, I'm not the one doing the work so obviously it went well from my point of view. We picked some materials, talked about cabinet options, and mulled over some paint colors. Nothing too taxing.

Today, before my flight, we picked up Char and hit LGO for dinner. LGO wasn't my first choice but The Roosevelt, Lisa G's, and Lola Topas are all closed on Monday. It wasn't all bad, Rombauer Zin was only $27 a bottle with no corkage fee, that's like six bucks less than buying in the store in Washington. Good times.

Pictures will have to wait until I get back to Seattle.

No comments: