Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Kicking and Screaming


Michele talked Suzanne and Morgan, a couple of very fit PAs we know, into dragging me along into the woods on Sunday. We hit up a section of the Adventure Route that I hadn't been on before starting at Eden Valley Rd and heading west. The ride started with ~500' of climbing right out of the gate through a whole load of switchbacks. I got left behind very quickly. My legs were fucking jello and my sit bones ached, but the ride was amazingly gorgeous with peekaboo views across the Strait to Vancouver Island and a forest moon of Endor on a speeder downhill run through the trees starting around mile 3. Feeling thoroughly worked just before mile 4 I pulled the plug and headed back to the car. Turns out my timing was pretty decent because I had only just loaded my bike and changed my shirt when my companions made their way out of the woods.  All in all it was good clean fun and having someone else around to help motivate my lazy ass is something I've been missing for quite a while now. 


7.5 miles, 1400' of climbing, 1 hour 12 minutes in motion. 

No comments: