Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I've got a lot to be thankful for this year, my wife, my health, my family, my friends, the fact that I still have a job in an industry that is suffering badly during the current economic downturn, you know the basics. What I'm really thankful for at this very moment is Thanksgiving dinner, the most un-fucking-believable Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had. Paul and Sean really out did themselves putting dinner together. Paul sent the menu out in advance, and here it is:

Hors d'Oeuvres

  • Chipolte Meatballs
  • Plantain Chips with Mango Pomegranate Guacamole

First Course

  • Clenentine Jicama Salad

Dinner

  • Adobo Turkey with red-chile gravy
  • Corn-bread and chorizo stuffing
  • Cranberry Pineapple salsa
  • Roasted chayotes with garlic
  • Sweet-potato coconut puree
  • Poblano Potato gratin

Dessert

  • Apple pie with mexican brown sugar
  • Rum ice cream
  • Chocolate cinnamon cream pie

Wine

  • Some California Sparkling Roses (to start)
  • California Petite Sirah (for dinner)
The standouts were the meatballs, the salad, the turkey, and all of the desserts.

Paul setting out hors d'oeuvres.


By the end of the night I'm sure Paul regretted telling us all about his World of Warcraft Avatar and his fancy virtual pants.

Cutting into the bird, I really don't know how I got picked for the job.

Post dinner everyone was pretty well stuffed and unable to move.

No comments: