Friday, December 15, 2006

The Man


Well here I am, a 30 year old fat man.

The first part is pretty straight forward, I'm 30. I'm ok with 30, age has never bothered me, and 30 is still quite young as far as I'm concerned.

The fat man part is what gets me. I weighed myself this morning and came in at 254lbs. I've hovered around 250-260 for quite a while now and it's really got to stop. I'm not really all that tall at 5'-8" but I've always been a pretty stocky guy. For the way I'm built, I think 200 would be a nice weight. It is after all a round number.

Now, I think I should point out that I'm not that bad of a mountain biker. I can keep up a decent pace and ~20 mile rides are not much of a problem. There does come a point however where everything starts to fall apart for me and I think it comes too soon. I start walking my bike uphill before I'd like too, I run out of steam on the flats too soon, and downhill, well who are we kidding, with my gravity assist I rock the downhills no matter how tired.

No comments: