Saturday, July 5, 2008

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

...and I'm one and one on the day.

I started out by heading up to Dungeness-Gold Creek in the Olympic National Forest. It should be only a 15-20 minute drive from the place Michele is staying but I got a little lost along the way(don't ask) and it took me nearly an hour and a half before I was satisfied that I had found what I was looking for. Right out of the gate shit got crazy steep. I easily spent more time pushing than riding when headed uphill and it soon became perfectly clear to me that the whole loop was not going to happen today, so I turned back before I got too far in. I spent just under an hour on the trail and left the lot with my tail between my legs.

Nice bridge.

Beautiful river.
Back on the highway I knew I needed to do something to redeem myself so I drove to the Miller Peninsula trailhead and did a quick 7.5 mile lollipop. The trail is fast and mostly smooth. Makes for an easy way to bolster my self esteem after such a disappointing failure. I'll give Dungeness another shot one of these coming weekends while I'm visiting Michele, I'll just have to drive directly to the trailhead and allow myself plenty of time.

After a quick shower back at the room, Michele and I rode over to the Alder Wood Bistro for lunch. Oyster Poor Boy and Truffle Fries, good stuff.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: