Monday, November 15, 2010

Begging Forgiveness

Once I had Michele and Porter past breakfast I loaded up El M and headed south to South SeaTac for my first ride in a long time. I felt bad for the bike, having neglected it for so long. I've got no excuses, lucky for me the bike was good to me has no hard feelings. It wasn't a long ride by any means, only about 45 minutes or so on the trail but it was really good to get my legs moving. Even though it was a little tough in places where it shouldn't have been and my legs hurt after ten minutes I was surprised by how much it stays with me. I was railing slippery corners at a pretty high rate of speed and clearing obstacles like I never stopped riding. Of course, this is SST we're talking about here and there's not much in the way of difficult terrain, but still, I felt good.

I'm going to attempt to get out a minimum of a couple times a week through the winter, even if that means that I'm occasionally riding (GASP) pavement now and again. Seems like a bit of a feat considering that Michele goes back to work on Monday but I think I can do it. As a matter of fact I think I have to do it. I came home from my ride feeling better than I have since before Porter was born. Like I have a new sense of myself. Reading that last bit back to myself, it sounds really corny and not very "Sean like", I'm not erasing it though. It feels true.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: