Saturday, December 22, 2007

Not Gone and Not Forgotten

Last time I rode the bike formerly known as Unit I discovered some stripped out slider threads. I ordered some new ones from Recycled Cycles earlier in the week and picked them up yesterday. Just showing a little love for the "not as new" bike.

I'd like to draw your attention to a couple of things about these new parts. First you'll notice the little tabs on the back end of the sliders, little bolt goes through there allowing for fine fore-aft adjustment. Secondly, you'll notice the lack of a derailer hanger, there is a hanger equipped slider out there but I'm committed to not bastardizing my bike, so there you go.

Also I drug both bikes out of the garage today for a real(ish) comparison photo. The bikes fit very much the same. Seat to grips is much closer than it looks in the picture within about 10mm or so. BB is actually a bit lower on the El Mariachi and it's noticeable on the trail, but can easily be adjusted out with the eccentric. Very happy with my two bike stable.

I'm not holding my breath or anything, but I might actually get out and ride one of these two tomorrow.

No comments: