Monday, January 14, 2008

Why I should have ridden my bike this weekend...

... and what I did instead.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Seattle, the sun was out and the temps were in the low 50s. I really should have gotten out, but what I was doing instead was installing sound deadening materials in the Element, all weekend. I've had two main complaints about the E since I got it. One is the lousy cupholder placement for the front seats and the other is the amount of road noise. The cupholders I can't do anything about but I thought I might have a shot dealing with the noise. So armed with 120 sf of sound deadening material and a few hand tools I spent ~12 hours tearing apart the inside of my car. The end result is a significantly quieter ride where the freeway is fairly smooth but where it's bad, the noise is still as well. Although not my intended purpose, the stereo now sounds amazing, even after I forgot to plug the subwoofer back in.

Anyway, the real point of this post is to point out the fact that the blog has changed. If you weren't here in the beginning, this was supposed to be about weight loss and ride reports. Now it's more about the general comings and going in the life of Sean. There will still be ride reports and the name won't change(I still kind of like it), but there will be more than just bikes.

On that note, I've finalized my plans for joining Star for her wintertime extravaganza at Red Mountain. I'll be picking up Crazy Joe in Spokane and heading up there the weekend after the NAHBS. February should be fun. Also, Mom and Grandma will be here for a visit in a couple of weeks, Mom's the ultimate fooder and I'm looking forward to taking her to some good eats.

2 comments:

JMH said...

Change is good. Blogs with one track minds are usually pretty boring and self serving.

Say hi to Ira at the NAHBS. I sure wish I could afford one of his frames, they sure are purdy. I did just add an Italian made Bianchi to my stable though. Can't wait for some warmer weather now.

FBC Spokane said...

I'm trying to make it to the NAHBS. Gets a bit spendy just to look at bikes I will never own.