Sunday, July 8, 2007

Busy, busy

Well it's been a hell of a week. I've been working like crazy, Michele even more so. She had the day off yesterday and so when she got done on Friday we went done to Centralia to celebrate our anniversary at the Olympic Club. We're big fans of the McMenamins hotels and have been looking for a reason to stay here, not to mention that Salish was just a more than I wanted to spend.

McMenamins, for those not familiar, is a chain of pubs based out Portland. The vast majority of their locations are rescued historic locations such as the Oly. They have their own beer which is pretty good and the menu is virtually the same in all 55 locations. It's kind of like a TGIFriday's with a nice warm feel to it. I don't think anybody really goes there for the food, it's all about the uniqueness of each location.



We came back by way of Bremerton and rode the ferry back into Seattle, unfortunately we just barely missed the 12:35 and had to wait until 3:00 to board for town.
This is where we live.
uncropped
Our last stop before home. I can't even count the number of times I heard "Thank you, come again!"
No ride today BTW, I spent nearly 10 hours canvasing the city searching for an AWD Honda Element with a manual transmission at a price I can live with. I've got my choices narrowed down to a few different ones here plus a couple in Oregon that I'm going to make Pat check out for me. Hopefully I'll be able to give up the free beast soon. 8-12 mpg is really starting to wear heavy on me.

No comments: