Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Commuting by bike

Not me, but Michele. She's on her second rotation at the main hospital much closer to home. Yesterday she rode in but wasn't feeling the ride home at 1am so after work and the Simpsons movie I dropped the Element a couple blocks away so she could just load up her bike and drive home.

Today she's riding both ways, I rode in with her at 5 and she ride home alone at 5 tomorrow morning. After getting her to the hospital I rode back home by way of Burke-Gilman to Fremont then up to Phinney Ridge.

Me and my lady.

Bye, bye lady.

Doesn't seem like a good thing.

Fremont Troll.

Almost home.

Starting to put together the weekend plans. I'll be headed South to hit a trail that's been on the top of my to do list for a long time. Any guesses?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mt St Helens?

Dad

Unknown said...

Oh dad, you're thinking too far North. I'm actually headed down to McKenzie River Trail near Sisters. Going to stay with Tim and Lucy and get up early Saturday to do the ride. I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Old Fat and Slow said...

The McKenzie River trail is supposed to be on of the great ones. I'm jealous, but I'll be making up for that in a couple of weeks. One of these days you need to ride at Mt St Helens. Go up highway 12 to Randle, then turn south. There are some really nice campgrounds and I've heard there are great trails up there.

Just for the hell of it, I started a blog of my own http://ofs-rider.blogspot.com/ I set it up the other day, but won't really get going on it 'til I get to Phoenix. Don't expect anything better than lame. Blame yourself, you inspired it.

Dad