Friday, April 25, 2008

Post Work Riding Season Has Begun

I loaded up the El Mariachi this morning and boy did I ever make the right call. The day got really nice about an hour before I called it quits. I cut my guys loose a little early(to avoid OT) allowing me to leave the site promptly at 3:30. It's a pretty short drive from Yarrow Point to St. Eds and I was on the trail by 4:00.

The trails were mostly dry, which is a good thing. I don't think I've mentioned this before but the WWLTs both suck and blow in the muck. I think I might have to look into at least a new rear tire at some point.

The old seminary, I've heard rumor that there have been moves made by McMenamins to acquire the building. I don't know if the rumors are true or not, but how bad ass would this place be? Post ride beer and burger at the trailhead would be a dream come true.

Just shy of seven miles and if you believe the GPS there's 3100ft in there, TopoFusion brings that number down to 980ft. Personally, I think both sets of numbers are on the high side.



Tomorrow I'm either going to ride to Colonnade or head down to SST and actually do some riding there. Who knows, maybe I'll ride both.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: