Friday, January 12, 2007

All by myself

Just me out there tonight. That's kind of the way it is when it gets cold in Phoenix. I might add here that cold in Phoenix is not the same as cold in the rest of the country. By cold I mean 50 degrees, overcast, slight breeze, and on and off spitting rain. I got to Dreamy Draw and the lot was nearly empty. I didn't see anybody until about mile 5 when a couple of guys coming down damn near ran me off the trail. At my turn around I saw a mother and child bundled up as if they were planning for snow. The woman commented on how cold I must be in shorts, I just chuckled and rode off. Those were the last people I saw. I logged 12.5 miles, 1750 feet, and did it in just over 2 hours. The terrain on this ride is a little bit technical but nothing too crazy. I try not to tackle anything overly difficult when it's just me out there, I don't get hurt often but it's nice to have someone else around when I do. As of now I've been home eaten and showered and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm headed down to ride Casa Grande tomorrow with Star and some MTBR folks. Should be a good time.

No comments: