Monday, January 29, 2007

Gone to Tahoe

Star and I flew out to Tahoe on Thursday night for a weekend of snowboarding fun. We arrived in Reno on time, but my bag didn't make the connecting flight with Star and I. Southwest was good enough to set my up with a voucher for rental gear until my bag showed up, so short one bag, we hopped in the Subbie with Jacob for the drive up to the lake. Alex was partying it up at the Hyatt at a friends birthday so we hung out for a while before heading back to the house.

On Friday Jacob had to work and Alex had class, so after picking up my rental gear(board, boots, pants, jacket, gloves, helmet, and goggles) Star and I headed up to Alpine Meadows in Jacob's Cruiser. The snow was not the greatest with a patchy and icy base, but on the plus side, the place was empty. The rental boots I got full on sucked and my feet were killing me with only a couple runs down so after about five good runs I took a break to give my feet some time to recover. Star kept going and when I came back out I took five or six more runs before I caught up to her. The sun had been out all day and the mountain was starting to get softer and much nicer for riding, albeit slower. We made another five or six runs before we decided to call it a day. We hit up the Safeway on the way back to the house to pick up supplies for dinner and breakfast. I was wiped out after dinner and fell asleep while everyone else was just getting going, so when everyone else went to poach the Hyatt hot tub I went to bed.

On Saturday I made crepes for breakfast and the we headed back up to Alpine for a 1/2 day of riding. As I was pulling on my first boot in the parking lot, Star discovered that she'd left her boots behind, so back in the Cruiser and back down the hill. It's a good thing that Jacob and Alex only live 15 minutes from the hill, so after a quick trip down and back up we were on our way. My bag arrived at the house mid-day on Friday so I was on my own gear for the day. The sky was overcast and the ground was very icy making for lousy conditions that weren't going to go away anytime soon. My right ankle was still hurting from Friday so I pulled the plug after only five runs, at least I didn't spend the money on a full day ticket. We got back to the house in time to see Alex off to work before Mark and Jacob started putting together our fantastic meal. Nothing big going down after dinner, we all sat around and watched the tube late into the night and that's about it.

Nothing really significant happened on Sunday, got up, ate breakfast, read book, went to airport, flew home, caught cab, lay down next to my beautiful wife, fell asleep.

No comments: