Saturday, February 3, 2007

Old Pueblo is coming

Star and I went out for a ride in the preserves this morning. We started from Tatum and zigzagged North and South across to Dreamy Draw, under the 51, and around the first mountain West of the freeway. We pretty much came straight back on th T100 with a couple of small detours. The first half of the ride consisted of somewhat technical terrain. I was feeling really good today, I was going up rough terrain better than I regularly do and my legs felt pretty strong through the whole ride. Stars on the other hand is still not totally confident in her new clipless setup and so she ended up walking quite a bit of the tech even though she's more than capable of doing most of it. Pretty soon she'll get it down and all will be right with the world again. We covered 13.5 miles and 1700 feet in 2 1/2 hours. This means I've cracked 100 miles for the year, just barely. Woohoo.

Old Pueblo is only 14 days away now and that means I'm running out of time for getting myself prepared. I'm starting to get a little nervous about how it's going to go down but it is what it is and that's the way it goes.

On another note, Star and I got started gluing panels together for the kayak today, within a couple of weeks it might even resemble a boat, how exciting is that?

No comments: