Thursday, February 1, 2007

Forced riding?

Michele and I went and rode Desert Classic this afternoon. She's never been on DC before and has been bugging me to go for a while. Michele plus new trail is rarely a good time because she really likes to know what's coming and be mentally prepared for obstacles, climbs, and descents. Well every trail has to be a new trail at least once and today was DC's day. It was pretty windy the whole time we were out, but still good t-shirt weather. In spite of a couple traffic jams there really weren't all that many people out today making it ideal for Michele. We had planned to go as far as the tank before turning around and we almost made it that far. Michele was a bit on the tired side so we called it about a half mile from the tank making our total distance just short of 6 miles and climbing just under 700 ft. Michele was a little frustrated at a couple of points for the reasons stated above but all went well.

There were a couple of guys that we played leapfrog with on the way back and the faster of the two and I ended up stopped together a few times waiting for our respective riding partners. He was just chatting it up every time I saw him. The first time it was all about the weather. The second time he realized I was rocking the single speed and went on about how hard the trail must be on one gear. For those not in the know, DC is not all that tough, especially the first 5 miles or so. The third and last time was by far my favorite. He started by asking if Michele was my wife or girlfriend, to which I responded that she was my wife. He then proceeded to tell me that he had the perfect Valentine's Day gift for me to give to her, a free pass. He went on to explain that all I needed to do was write free pass on a piece of paper and give it to her and then whenever she just wasn't up to riding with me she could give the free pass back and stay home. Now I'm not sure about other couples, but I've never pressured Michele to go on a ride with me. If she doesn't want to ride, I don't force her. What kind of relationship would that be? Fucked up, that's what.

I'm out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been "bugging" you to go on DC? You've got to be fucking kidding me. In any case, I'd agree that Michele + New Trail = Badness.

Love you, bunny...