Sunday, March 25, 2007

I always get it right the second time


On Friday, Star and I started gluing up the coaming on her kayak. I got everything prepped while Star mixed up the epoxy. She must not have gotten the right amount of hardener in there because today when I released the clamps the whole thing came apart. I checked the mixing container and sure enough, still soft. Star headed up to the Grand Canyon with her parents yesterday and won't be back until Wednesday so I was on my own to fix it. I tore the whole thing apart, cleaned off the bits and started over from scratch. I was fighting it some going back together, turns out it's easier with four hands than two. Eventually I got it back together quite nicely and since I was already there I went ahead and got a head start on the hatches.

No ride today. Tomorrow it's on. Maybe.

No comments: