Monday, March 19, 2007

New bike break in

Not really a ride so much as just getting around. I moved my Candys over to the Volpe and headed over to John and Eithne's to perform some diagnostic work on John's iPod shuffle. I ate their cookies and played with their baby while waiting for updates to download. Once everything was copacetic I rolled over to pay Trader Jose a quick visit. Back home after that to get the food in the freezer.

So far I like the bike, there's a bit of toe overlap, but that's to be expected what you put big feet on a small road bike. It does kind of inhibit my crazy trackstand style, but oh well, I'm sure I'll adjust. The bars might be a bit on the narrow side but the jury's still out on that one. I'm guessing I covered about 5 miles, that's less than 2 in MTB miles I'm sure. Some sort of real ride will likely take place tomorrow with John, but it sounds like that's not yet a lock, so we'll see.

No comments: