Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Onward and Upward


I went out alone for a night ride tonight in the preserves from Dreamy Draw. I intentionally picked a route that would give me some decent climbing without keeping me out all night, took me just over an hour to do the 7.2 miles and 1050 feet. One of the trails I was on, from about mile 1-3/4 to 2-1/4, is one I haven't ridden in quite some time. Trails can sometimes be quite unfamiliar in the dark and this one seemed to completely disappear just past the high point. The closer I got to the main trail the harder it was to follow the track. When I finally did hit the main trail I found a sign stating that the trail I had just come off of was closed. Why the trail wasn't marked at the other end I don't know. Maybe it was marked and I just missed it, the trail sure hasn't been traveled much lately. Gonna try and get out again tomorrow on one of the bikes, not sure which one just yet.

On a boat note, we glassed the top today and I should be able to get the third coat of epoxy on by tomorrow afternoon, then it's on to the coaming.

No comments: