Saturday, May 5, 2007

A pair of rides

Michele rode her Smoke past he gates of the parking lot for the first time today. I was on the Volpe for our little ride. We headed over to Steele Indian School Park and down 3rd toward the farmers market with a quick stop at Matt's Big Breakfast to get our name on the list. We left the farmers market after about 20 minutes or so with some cilantro and garlic. Back over to Matt's with a couple minutes to spare before we were called. Great timing and very soon after we were enjoying the best breakfast in Phoenix.

Afterwards we rolled home a little slower but quite satisfied. I'm guessing we covered about 7 miles or so. After getting home I got to work getting the garage ready to hold our belongings in preparation for the move. After 4 hours I figure I'm about halfway to having it all cleaned and packed.

At about 5 or so Michele and I went up to Dreamy Draw so that she could hike and I could bike. I wanted to do something with a bit of a challenge and keep the ride under an hour. I covered about 7 miles and 925 feet in that hour. I'm feeling really confident in my abilities right now. I rocked 1A in a big way and nearly cleaned 220 on the return to the lot with only one little dab. I've got my last AZ race coming up in a mere two weeks and I'm feeling pretty good about it.

No comments: